Last updated: January 31, 2023
Applies to Runmefit mobile apps and other softwares, services developed by Starmax.
The specific content includes:
- The type of information we collect
- How to use your information
- How to share your information
- Third Party Service Provider
- Data Transmission
- Data retention
- Your rights
- The privacy of minors/children
- Contact us
The type of information we collect
When you use our products and services, we may collect the following types of information.
1) Account information: If you create an account on our app, you may need to provide the country or region, email address, password, date of birth, gender, height, and weight. You can also choose to provide other information, such as nickname, weight goal, step goal, profile picture.
2) Information related to sports health: such as steps, distance, speed, exercise duration, calories, sleep duration, heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen, body temperature, walking time, exercise type, detailed exercise records for each exercise type, medals (We will issue you a corresponding virtual medal according to your sports situation) and so on.
3) Location information: GPS location information will be used when you use certain location-based services, such as starting outdoor sports mode, checking the weather, and selecting your area. If you do not allow us to call the GPS function of your phone, we will not collect this information.
4) Equipment and application information: When you use our equipment and applications, we will obtain your equipment and application information, such as user configuration data, device MAC address, device version number, serial number, firmware version, language, App version, mobile phone system version, device configuration, IP address, network type, device identification and other information.
5) Service information: When you use various functions of Runmefit equipment and applications, you can submit some service information. For example, reminder settings or exercise records. If you use the call reminder function, we may read your call status and address book, but we will not store your communication information; when you use the message notification function, we may access the information notification status of third-party applications, Our device will temporarily store your information content; if you use the music control function, we may read music switch information, such as song playback, song status, but we will not store this information.
6) Question feedback information: If you have any questions or suggestions about our products and services, you can give us feedback through “My>Feedback”. Through this function, we will collect the feedback questions you send to us, as well as your contact information (if you provide it). This information will be used to let us better understand the problem you are experiencing and contact you.
7) Log information: If you use our device or application, we will collect some usage data, for example, create or log in to your account, account and device pairing, the number of device restarts, network usage information, system errors, system Crash, system restart, system upgrade, etc. Your latest log information within 7 days will be automatically stored locally on your phone, and the old log information will be automatically deleted. We will not actively collect your log information.
8) Visitor information: When using the visitor function (applicable to unregistered or unregistered situations), visitors can experience our products and some limited services. The visitor’s personal data (nickname, gender, height, weight, date of birth, sports health data, etc.) will be stored locally on your mobile phone and will not be uploaded to our server.
9) Other information: We may also collect other types of information, which are not directly or indirectly related to individuals, but are aggregated, anonymous or de-identified.
How to use your information
We will use the collected information for the following purposes:
1) Provide you with, process, maintain, improve and develop our products and/or services, including some after-sales, customer support and services on your device;
2) When communicating with you, we will use your information to send you service notifications when necessary, and reply to you when you contact us;
3) Store and maintain your information according to our service content or legal obligations;
4) Provide you with limited services without communicating with our server.
Use of non-personal data
We will collect some log information that does not involve personal data, such as the error code of the device (restart) hardware problem, the error code and log of the device restart, the log of the Bluetooth connection of the application, the user’s device and application usage after anonymization Information such as the situation (if you choose to join) is analyzed as a whole to fix errors, monitor usage and optimize our services.
How to share your information
Except for your consent, we promise not to sell your personal information to any other third party for processing for any purpose. We will seek your explicit consent to share any personal data and sensitive personal data. We will not disclose or transfer your personal information to any unaffiliated third party unless:
To respond to your request, for example, if you authorize sharing of your personal information to a third-party device or platform, we will follow your request to share your information, such as: steps, distance, height, weight, heart rate, calories and other exercise data Share with third parties. Please read the privacy policies of these third-party devices or platforms, because your activities on third-party devices or platforms will no longer be subject to this privacy agreement;
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
(A) With service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze our use of services, for example, to process payment on third-party websites after you visit our services, and your contact
(B) With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to provide you with certain products and services.
Third Party Service Provider
Map Service Provider
Weather push service provider
If your device supports the weather push function, your location information will be sent locally to the weather service provider (Hefeng Internet Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd.) to obtain weather information in your area. You can turn off the weather push function at any time in “Device> Weather Push” to terminate this sharing. After your personal information is anonymized, it will not be used to identify or locate you personally.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. We will take all practical steps to protect your personal information, including encryption, identity verification tools, and secure servers. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we will take reasonable administrative, technical and physical protection measures and make all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information. However, you should be aware that we cannot 100% guarantee the security or confidentiality of the information you provide to us.
Currently, Runmefit rents servers from various locations provided by Alibaba Cloud. Generally, the data of local residents is only stored on servers in the local jurisdiction and will not be transmitted across borders. With your consent, we may transfer your data across borders in accordance with applicable laws. At the same time, we will take appropriate protective measures to ensure that all transmissions comply with the requirements of your applicable local data protection laws. You will have the right to be informed of the appropriate protective measures Runmefit has taken to transfer your personal information.
If you use our products and services, we may collect and store your information. As long as you keep your account, we may store your information forever. However, once you cancel your account or make a deletion request, we will delete or anonymize your information as soon as possible, no later than 90 days from the date of your deletion request.
Request access to your personal information. The right to access your information held by us. You can directly access your personal information in “My>Personal Information” of the application. If you are unable to perform these operations yourself, please contact us via the contact information below. Upon your request, we will provide free copies of your personal information collected and processed by us. If there are any other requirements for the same information, we may charge corresponding reasonable fees based on applicable laws and actual costs.
Request correction of the personal information we hold about you. You have the right to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold. At the same time, you can directly correct your personal information in the “My>Personal Information” of the application.
Object to the processing of your personal information. You have the right to choose not to make certain uses and disclosures of your personal information. If you have agreed to Runmefit devices and applications to process your personal information or sensitive personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time and contact Runmefit for further processing. In order to provide you with our services, we will ask you to provide the personal information necessary to provide you with these services. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
Request to delete your personal information. If we do not have sufficient reasons to continue processing personal information, you have the right to request us to delete personal information. At the same time, you can delete or permanently anonymize the corresponding data by canceling your account, clearing personal data on the cloud, etc.
Request the transfer of your personal information. Where technology permits, we will provide your personal information to you or a third party of your choice in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to the information that you initially agreed to our use or that we collected for the execution of the contract.
Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain features of the service. However, your decision to withdraw your consent or authorization will not affect the personal information processing activities previously carried out based on your authorization. You can change the scope of your authorization to continue to collect your personal information or withdraw your authorization by deleting the device, disconnecting the device and the application, restoring the device to factory settings, clearing personal data on the cloud, turning off data management synchronization, and canceling your account. .
Privacy of minors/children
Our products and services are mainly for adults. Without the consent of their parents or guardians, children may not create their own user accounts. For the collection of children’s personal data with parental consent, we will only use or disclose this data when permitted by law, the parent or guardian’s explicit consent, or is necessary to protect the child. Although local laws and customs have different definitions of children, we treat anyone under the age of 13 as a child. If we find that we have collected children’s personal data without first obtaining verifiable parental consent, we will try to delete the relevant data as soon as possible.